v1.1.0 Armory Operator
08/11/2020 Release Notes
This release does not include updated permissions for the Operator to manage Ingress objects. You can add the following to the role that is created for the operator in your cluster:
- apiGroups: - networking.k8s.io - extensions resources: - ingresses verbs: - get - list - watch
This will be addressed in a patch release for the
1.1.x release line.
spec.expose.type: ingress. When
ingress is selected, the Operator tries to find an ingress rule
in the same namespace as Spinnaker that points to Gate or Deck. It will then compute these services’ hostnames using either
networking.k8s.io ingresses are supported and queried.
For Gate, the Operator also checks for the path and sets up Spinnaker to support relative paths.
The following example sets up Spinnaker’s UI (Deck) at
http://acme.com and API (Gate) at
kind: Ingress apiVersion: extensions/v1beta1 metadata: name: my-ingress namespace: spinnaker spec: rules: - http: paths: - path: /api backend: serviceName: spin-gate servicePort: http - path: / backend: serviceName: spin-deck servicePort: 9000 status: loadBalancer: ingress: - hostname: acme.com
This example sets up the UI (Deck) at
https://acme.com and API (Gate) at
kind: Ingress apiVersion: networking.k8s.io/v1beta1 metadata: name: my-ingress namespace: spinnaker spec: tls: - hosts: [ 'example.com', 'acme.com'] # That's how we know TLS is supported rules: - host: acme.com http: paths: - path: /api backend: serviceName: spin-gate servicePort: http - path: / backend: serviceName: spin-deck servicePort: 9000
- chore(release): upgrade to oss operator 1.1.0
- chore(vault): Error messages not capitalized
- fix(kustomize): Make kustomization.yml more compatible so that it works with
- feat(vault): Mount vault’s self-signed CA into services
- fix(validation): name ports in generated service, declare container ports in manifest
- fix(accounts): Add Spring profile on specialized services
- feat(expose/ingress): ingress support, name all ports on services, fix config clone
- fix(validation): Issue patch to update status
- fix(validation): Add parallel validation support; making
kubectl applycalls much quicker
- chore(release): Updated halyard version
- fix(defaults): Use long delays instead of
archaius.enabled: falseto not break hystrix defaults
- feat(settings): Global service-settings
- fix(secrets): Prevent panic if a file in secret is empty
- chore(errors): Better error messages validating kubeconfig files
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for letting us know!
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.
Last modified December 10, 2021: (556c295d)