Troubleshoot Role-Based Access Control
Solutions for issues you might encounter while using RBAC in Armory Continuous Deployment-as-a-Service.
User sees blank Deployments screen
Why this happens
The user doesn’t have an RBAC role. This happens when:
- The Organization Admin didn’t create any RBAC roles.
- The Organization or Tenant Admin didn’t assign an existing role when inviting the user.
- The Organization or Tenant Admin deleted a role and didn’t assign a new role to affected users.
Organization Admin is a system role. CD-as-a-Service automatically assigns that role to the user who creates a new CD-as-a-Service organization. That role is not auto-assigned to anyone else in the organization. You can, however, assign the Organization Admin role to anyone you invite.
- Assign the existing Organization Admin role to the affected user.
- Create at least one custom RBAC role and then assign that RBAC role to the affected user.
- The user doesn’t have the correct SSO groups assigned in your company’s SSO provider.
- The Organization or Tenant Admin didn’t create an RBAC role that corresponds to the SSO group. The CD-as-a-Service RBAC role name must be identical to the SSO group name.
- Create RBAC roles to match the SSO groups that you want to use with CD-as-a-Service.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for letting us know!
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.
Last modified October 27, 2022: (a80a18d)